The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Slowguy

I have two c10’s now. Wonder about the air ride on the one I just got

I bought a nice longbox a while ago. Built an engine for it, and have it down to the frame. Came across, what I thought was a good deal on a real shortbox. After really inspecting I think I got just a “fair” deal.

The shortbox has a cheap airmaxx air ride on it. All brand new. It still has the original front spindles so the front doesn’t drop as low as the rear. I think drop spindles will take care of that. It also has brand new shocks. The issue is, even with the truck fully raised, it’s the bounciest damn thing I’ve ever ridden in. So is it the cheap air ride, or something else that should be added or otherwise changed to fix the ride quality?

The shocks are the only thing I can think that affect the “bounce”, but I can tell by looking that they are indeed brand new. I don’t think the relocation of the shocks has been done but I don’t know for sure. Does relocation make a huge difference?
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote