The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
freco

A '69 K10 stepside father-son restoration project in Sweden

After having read and learned a lot on this forum for quite a long time now I think it's time for me to start sharing what my son and I have been working on. Hope you enjoy it!

A little more than two years ago my son found this K10 1969 on "Blocket" (like a Swedish Craigslist) and we made the 4 hour drive to the very southern part of Sweden to have a look at it. A short test drive in the seller's garden and we had a deal. A few days later the beautiful beast arrived at our house.

WARNING: If you're allergic to rust you should immediately leave this thread. If you like to see old precious rusty vehicles come to life again (no guarantees given though) you should read on! :-)

In Sweden (and Europe) it is quite rare to see 67-72 pickup trucks. There are a few C10's here in Sweden but this far I haven't seen any other K10. If there is someone from Sweden on this forum having one in it would be great to get in touch to share some info and experience!

The thing is, because of all the rust on my K10 there are a few things (measures, bracket designs etc) that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I hope maybe I can get some help from other K10 owners here.

The model year is 1969 and the truck was sold as a new vehicle in Sweden
(it was built in the Oshawa truck assembly plant in Canada) but for some reason it was not registered for road use until 1979 (there are many stories in Sweden about new US cars from that time that were kept unregistered by the importer for several years before they were sold to customers). Last time it was approved for road use at an annual vehicle inspection was in 2002. Since then it has been used more as an offroad vehicle.

To be continued...
Attached Images