The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
JKarow08

71 C30 Dually 3/4 Drop

Hello fellow Action Line aficionados!

I finally found my dream truck, a 71 C30 Dually flatbed, and I'm starting the fun process of fixing her up and making her my own. I like to replace everything all at once while I have it torn apart so I'm starting with a brake and suspension overhaul. I'd like to lower it a little bit while I'm at it but I'm having some trouble figuring out the rear. This truck will be used on my farm (Organic hops) and for towing my rally car with a camper on the flatbed so I don't want to lower it too much or lose any payload (rated at 14k). I think I've settled on a 3/4 drop and the front is easy as 3" drop spindles are available for my year/model. The rear is where I'm having a little trouble. The simple solution would be a 4" hanger/shackle combo but I can only find them for 73 and newer trucks. Another option would be lowering leaf springs but I can only find them for c10's in that year and I'm assuming they wont fit and will be undersprung. Someday I would like to bag it but that is much pricier and I'd prefer to put that cash into other projects right now but still get my girl riding and driving how I want in the mean time. If anyone has a solution for my conundrum I would love to hear and would happily repay the favor with a fine WI microbrew if you're ever traveling through these parts. Thanks in advance for the help! Here is a pic of my new baby...

-Josh
Attached Images

JKarow08 is offline   Reply With Quote