The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Quikshft

L31 350 installation questions

I received my crate from Jegs - $1899 and free shipping to my door, not a hitch in the transaction and I can recommend them.

I'm putting this in my '71 4WD with an SM465. Staying pretty low tech, no fuel injection and in fact I had a Rochester two barrel on my previous engine that I'm planning to stick with. I have a new flywheel, a melonized distributor gear, a Holley Might Mite electric fuel pump, etc.

Question - I had assumed since this is just a small block Chevy engine that I could put an early timing cover and balancer on it, and then use the original brackets for the alternator and power steering. The new plastic timing cover doesn't have a timing mark and I'd like to put a timing light on it if I want. I believe the balancer is 8 inches diameter, the older balancers are 7 inches? Not opposed to getting a 7 inch balancer if that's what it takes. What experience is out there???
Attached Images

Quikshft is offline   Reply With Quote