The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

Post ot. hondas are strange..all the need is a beating

my honda has been acting strange for a month now. beeing a 91 it has all the new fangled crap on it. a guy can never tell wtf is the problem w/o speding 1000000000s of bucks at the shop.

think would (what i call) twitch. maybe im to picky but i want an engine to hum. like huummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. and not hummmmmmmahhhhummmmmmmmmmmmmmmahhmmmmmmhahmmmmmmmmhammmmmmmmmmm. know what i mean? lol

what the hell are those little twitches. misses? mosr engines do that though. even the longhorn.. drive me nuts sometime..the honda has been realy bad. even more so with the a/c on.

so to day i get in her, start it hum, and try to take off. pushing the gas peddle down quickly killed the old girl. only from an
idle. it tap the gas and it would stumble and gasp then run faster. strange as hell..

knowing how things are here, there is a big prob with condensation. so i got some anti water stuff and put it in.. then i did the normal man tests..pull plugs and look at them.. nice, check gap,, good.. pull cap, scrape teminals.. hum.. take all the sparkplug wires off the cap and look at them.. lol. dont know why..look at air filter.. fine...

after the basics, the average poor guy will start wigglin wires, tap on things with the handle of the screwdriver. fianly i saw the 4 bolts to the cap of the fule injection. why not, try to take them off, to tight. normal instinct again, grab a hammer, tap on screwdriver while turning.. didnt work...so i gave up

started the car.. runs great, better than it has in months.. soo, what was it.. water? wires? cap? lol.. hell i dont know.. any of this sound like something you all do?
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote