The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #1
6T7

Hi All

I’m soon to be picking up a 1954 3100 truck.
I currently have a 1967 Camaro which I’ve owned for about 22 years now. Bit by bit the car has gotten a little out of hand and it now runs a 388 motor with efi on a 6/71 blower and around these parts that’s really frowned upon so it hardly gets used. It got me thinking I’ve always enjoyed owning utes so the seed was planted for the Camaro to find a new home and get a ute (truck) that I can use all the time.
I’ve always liked the 47-54 trucks and through searching have learned heaps. They are pretty thin on the ground here in Oz and go for good money. Another problem is if you purchase from another state and bring it to where I live there is no guarantee it will even get licensed. So the one I found is local has Heidts mustang 2front end ZZ502, T56, Currie rear end. All of this was done in the USA imported and licensed before they cracked down on modified cars so it’s all good. At the moment here you can’t bring in modified cars and anything with the slightest hint of asbestos is a big no no. Priceless cars have landed here and had brakes removed interiors gutted coz maybe there’s a potential!! It’s crazy.
Anyway I’m here I’m reading, with a lot of time on my hands, due to freshly broken leg (not yet operated on)
6T7 is offline   Reply With Quote