The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #11
cornerstone

Re: Greyghost 1971 C10 l83/6l80E Build

For fuel pump set up I used a Walbro and clamped it to a piece of 1” angle aluminum that I welded to the bottom of the access plate on the Boyds welding non-efi version tank. I had to gather several AN fittings to plumb it up. You can buy this same thing pre assembled from Travis at AZPro Performance and in hindsight I would do that next time... I thought I could save a few “quid” by doing it myself, and I did but it took way too much time and brain power.

Then I mounted a corvette fuel regulator on the drivers side frame rail. (this will maintain 58 psi to the motor) This piece has a port built in that sends back the excess fuel to the tank.

For the hoses I used PTC (push to connect) from Russell to tie it all together.

This method works, but since then I have learned that the better method is to do what Howell57 did. That way does not tax the pump as much, and provides exactly what fuel pressure the motor is requesting.

I also used Mitch for my harness, but there are several others now. You may want to ask forum member 87Chevy if he has an extra harness available, he makes good stuff too.

Hope this helps!
Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote