The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
68c10fuelnfire

Casper Build Thread

I figured for a project of this magnitude (very large for myself) that a build thread is suitable.
Background: This long box 68 c10 was given to me by my grandpa when I graduated high school back in 2011. He traded some model trains for it with the intentions of hot rodding it for a toy. Being a life long gear head he decided he had too many projects and I got lucky. I flew out to Utah that summer with he intentions of getting it going and driving the truck back to Wisco. However after about a month and a half visit and finding issues in the front end, the financial toll became too much. So the truck was left to sit with the hopes of getting back to it hopefully sooner than later.
Fast forward to later..... 3 years later... Things finally fell into place for me to get out to Utah with a truck and trailer and get the truck back cross country to Wisco. The biggest issue that I found myself having with this truck after i got it home was that I wanted to build it right. I didn't want to do a little hear and a bit there so I continued to put this project off for another 5 years. However this year I finally pulled the trigger and getting it started and after a little persuading of the boss lady, we finally got it back into the garage for the official beginning!!
Ideas: My plans for this truck have, if I put it lightly, SPIRALED OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!! Original plans in 2011 consisted of building a 383 stoker possibly swapping in a big block, mild lowering, new bushings tires etc... Pretty basic stuff, but what do you expect for a fresh high school grad on a slim budget. Anyways nowadays the ideas have become a lot more refined. Short bed conversion, LS swap, triangulated 4 link, tubular control arms, big brakes, fat tires, high power, high end paint and interior, and just one lean mean go fast drive hard stick it to imports machine.
Execution: Most of this project is going to consist of a lot of new parts, something I am definitely not accustomed to. On top of that Im going to try and fabricate as much as i can on my own. I'll have a few buddies that jump in and out throughout the process when they aren't working on their own trucks (the one that drives the ford is pretty busy) as well as the whole fam dam. On top of that i got lucky to get some help from the kids' home school group in exchange for "teaching automotive", so on and off I will have an army of minions to help. There's a couple of them that are pretty interested in everything and hopefully they stick around for a bit.
Anyways I hope you guys enjoy watching the project progress as I take on the second largest project yet, the first was convincing my wife to marry me...
Attached Images

68c10fuelnfire is offline   Reply With Quote