The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2019, 01:43 AM   #11
pilotXC

Re: 1972 K20 LQ4/4L80E Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban99 View Post
A couple of things....on my 72 there is next to no room from the firewall to the valve covers. I can slip a finger in but that's it. I used the dingo sliders and normal clam shell mounts. My turbo 350 is in stock position. The K series are different from the C series...They just don't have the room.

I see on one picture that you have an EGR style passenger exhaust manifold. I would find a 2006? or newer manifold that does not have the egr.

I had no issues with the alternator hitting.

My Saddle tanks have 2 bolts thru the middle (long)...and one on the outside that replaces the tie bar rod that stabilizes the wheel area.

I recommend the Windstar electric fans, there are cheap fit excellent and work good.
Thank you for the details... Happen to have any pictures you're willing to post of the engine in the truck to compare to what I am looking at in mine? I've been going back and forth with DD and they keep saying, "what's the problem, you have tons of room? Why do you want to move it forward more?" Kind of annoying considering these mounts are sold WITH the cross member for a 4wd as an option, you would think there would actually be some use to the 4 inches of adjustment, but there seems to not be at all.

Has anyone used these manifolds? They look like a good option and I like the thin 2 bolt flange for the clearance issues.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/p...make/chevrolet

I looked at the TBSS manifolds and I'm not convinced they will clear the frame with the wide 3 bolt flange, but the price from GM direct is good, $55 each.

I got my tanks out, had to cut the bolts between the top of the tank and bottom of the bed, they had decades of crap in the holes and I had to pound the crap out of them to get the rods out. Couldn't get them to budge with an air hammer while they were in the truck.

I got a Windstar fan, totally agree that the fit is great, and it was $38 and an hour of my day in the u pull it yard.

Anyone used the Tanks Inc in tank kit? My original plan isn't going to work out...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-pa-2
pilotXC is offline   Reply With Quote