The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #10
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Hinges look good man. Wish I had a sandblaster. I'm re-using my hinge springs, I painted them same gloss black as well. The PO destroyed one hinge so i just bought 2 new ones...

And I like your trans dipstick

No really, mine is stock style, and it's functional, but looks terrible. You can hide yours and/or blend it in so it's not in your face like stock. And really, how often do you ever need access to it so I think your going to like your decision more once you get it finished. I like it to the right of the hoses, but I just finished watching a b!tch!n rides episode, season 4 episode 2 i think, and I noticed they used the same dipstick and mounted it to the engine block. You could probably attach it to the back of the engine head and still have enough access to fill maybe? That would be ideal to hide it. Depends on what you want I guess.

So here are a few pics I took today for you to see space available on my vintage setup. I still have my VA heater hose valve detached. If you mount it close to the firewall, you won't have as much room as I do. I mounted mine down on the inner wheel well so I could attach it to the inner fender well. But I have seen others mount it right up on the firewall. Or you could get crafty, and mount it inside the cab. I have seen others do that, and I would have done this had I thought about it.

Anyways, let me know if this link doesn't work. I didn't want to blast all these on your thread without asking

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cBEcfEfn5gQXdRE89

Wow!! Johnny on the spot with the pics! Very cool... Thanks! I think I like it to the right of the hoses also.

You raise a good point that I am guilty of... posting pictures on someone else’s thread. The way I see it the more the merrier, so post away directly on my thread. I figure if I’m putting it out for everyone to see, it no longer belongs to me. I think you’re right though, I should ask if it’s cool with the threads “owner”... still learning forum etiquette...

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 04-12-2020 at 12:51 AM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote