The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2020, 01:07 AM   #11
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: A '54 named Busty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
nice fab! people dont realize how hard it is to visualize something that doesnt exist and then make it. I knew a guy that would think about a loft (3d term for a wing chord or fuselage feature) for a week, smoking cigarettes and just staring out the window. then he would make a point in space and just draw the loft in one line. it was a fine skill i recognized then and now, so nice work!
thank you, sounds amazing, speaking of drawing lines I started studying drafting and wanted to be a mechanical engineer but our first year drafting teacher was a tyrant - we are talking early 90's here and where my colleagues were using AutoCad he insisted on us learning how to draw everything in pencil cause when he went for his first job interview in the late 60s he was asked to draw free hand, what a total jerk that guy was !!! and so I became a keyboard jockey ie IT guy instead, so when ever I get to work with my hands, I jump on the opportunity - solving software issues by day and laying down horrible beads by night, ha ha

Last edited by Gregski; 04-17-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote