The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
Slowguy

trans dipstick question for 4l80e, Lokar style firewall mount

So I ordered this lokar firewall mount dipstick. I'm skeptical because a dipstick is not supposed to lay on the bottom of the pan? I ordered it specifically for my 4l80e and the pan has not been modified or changed. When I insert it I can feel it make contact. The stick is flexible plastic and it sure feels like it is making contact with the bottom of the pan and then flexing along the inside of it. This is not normal is it?

I don't want to take any chances. I spent the money on seals, trans2go shift kit and a stall converter from circle d. Last thing I want is to ruin the trans somehow from not filling it properly.

on a side note: I forgot to fill the converter before bolting the trans to the engine. I was worried I should pull it all apart, but a friend said I could fill the pan, crank over the engine (disable it to run, just crank it over), let the pump pull the fluid out of the pan into the converter, fill again, and do this a few times until the pan stops draining. Does this sound okay?
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote