The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
evoLnivleK

Amber Rose

So 2 years ago I was at a home depot and saw a 67-72 C30 flatbed sitting outside and fell in love. Later that day I was searching FB Marketplace and found a 69 C30 dumper for sale. I had to have it. So I contacted the guy and he agreed to sit on it while I came up with the money. I was buying a house at the time and bringing another truck home just wasn't a conversation I wanted to have with the wife.

A few months pass by and under the cover of night I bring home the new addition.

I was thrilled. It is a 69 with a 292 and all the gearing you can fit in an ho72. I wasn't prepared for how slow this truck was. Lol.

A face only a mother could love.

I spent the next few months just sorting out little things. Getting all the gauges operable again and I swapped the front end to a 75 Disc brake front end. Still manual though. I added a new master but no booster yet. took a little doing but the brakes worked fine. At this point I still had plans to drive this truck for work.
evoLnivleK is offline   Reply With Quote