The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
ThreeQuarter

Green dash pad for 67-68

For anyone interested in acquiring a green 67-68 dash pad, this thread is meant to share info about the process I’m going through that will hopefully make this possible. If you’ve shopped for this shade of green dash pad you’ve probably found that it’s not offered by the parts vendors who carry the common parts lines. I found that USA1 carries an aqua dash pad that would match the rest of my interior, but would still not be the same darker green as my pickup originally had. Randy at USA1 told me he dyes dash pads in custom colors and he would add this color to his portfolio if I could provide a sample of it.

That led me to post a WTB ad on the parts board for a 67-68 green dash pad that I could use as a donor for a color sample. That WTB ad kinda turned into a discussion thread, so after I acquired a pad I decided to move the rest of the discussion here.

In the next few posts I’ll do my best to document what color it is I’m trying to recreate, as well as the progress for this project.

Last edited by ThreeQuarter; 07-28-2020 at 11:26 PM.
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote