The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
66 Stepside C X

Pertronix Install ( I know I know ) another one

I just recently purchased a 66 stepside with what looks like to be all original wire setup an described in Shaprs40 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=571916&page=5 (post #118) install of his HEI post. Can you please just walk me through one more time on the proper installation Process of the 12v wire. I am not installing an HEI, will just be installing pertronix coil and ignitor.

1) Remove old coil and unwrap the wires to firewall connection, and do the same down to the starter.

2) Remove the two wires the connect into the one connection on the firewall and put new 12v wire into that same connection.

do i then put anything new to the starter end? what wires are taped back together onto starter? this is really my only confusion. Also, I have also seen some post were people are running it to the ignition side over the engine? or is that on later c10 models?

Thank You for all the help and sorry for being such a rookie. Seems like sharps has my identical setup.

Thank You all for the help just want to make sure the truck doesnt burn down lol

Last edited by 66 Stepside C X; 09-21-2020 at 01:57 PM.
66 Stepside C X is offline   Reply With Quote