The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
OL SKOOL

70 GMC step minor repair?

Hi guys kind of a long story. I have owned this truck 11 years and have never driven it. I have owned several c10's in the past and when this one came up i bought it sight unseen for $65.00 from a storage locker. The goal was to get it drivable and repair as i went along. I had it towed to my sons auto body shop and i knew when i saw it that wasn't in the cards. The front clip was just sitting loose on there and a lot of parts in the bed. 350, 350 trans engine turned by hand put a battery in it got it to run on 6 cylinders really rough. It had pulled 2 studs in one head, bent pushrods while it did run i put it in gear no body home. Did a little research the 350 was a 305.Time to look for engine and trans or if i was smart should have parted it out. Sat at my sons body shop for a couple years. The deal was he was going to do all the body work and paint i would do the mechanical my retirement truck. My son Tim passed in his sleep and my whole world changed. He was only 39 years old 7 ft tall and was the most amazing man i have ever met. He knew every one and every one knew him. If you went to a store i would have to go sit in the truck soo many people he would talk to. The truck now got pulled to my house and sat a couple more years outside in the driveway. Never took any pics of the before but i will take lots of pics of the might as well build. I came across a 400 sb with 60,000 original miles and neighbor rolled his 85 impala with 200r so i bought that also. That will be the drivetrain kind of lots of stock with a few upgrades.
Attached Images

OL SKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote