The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2022, 06:29 PM   #1
jserrato714

Ca dmv nightmare

Hello guys I have an issue with my newly registered 68 c10. After alot of stress & sleepless nights I finally got my 68 c10 papers. This truck was out of the California dmv system and I only had a bill of sale from the seller. I used a private dmv agent( sorta like AAA) to process the paperwork. After weeks long of the dmv telling him that the bill of sale and his vin verification was not enough to verify year of truck. I decided to drive the truck to my local dmv office in O.C Ca. After a long wait in the vin verification line, finally they helped me and told me that their was no way for them to verify it was a 1968. I told them to look at the original vin plate and focus on the 5th digit which was a 8. That sure as hell did not help and was reffered to my local CHP office. Fast forward a week or two. Chp officer examines my truck and removes the original vin tag and installs and assigned vin # for ca. He then goes on to tell me that the body is a 1968 chevy c10 & that the frame is a 1969 gmc. He now tells me to go to the dmv or the agent I used and submit the paperwork he filled out. As directed I did just that. After about a day or two the agent calls me and tells me that the paperwork & tags, plates & registration is done. My excitement did not last long. My new registration states that my truck is a 1969 chevy c10 and it reads the original chevy vin plate #. Ofcourse that would be great however the CHP officer removed that vin plate and installed an assigned (blue tag) vin plate with the 1969 gmc frame vin #. What the hell do I do. I have done everything that the dmv required from vin verification, weight scale,chp, endless paperwork only to find my self in this predicament. Anyone have any suggestions or has been through this here in Ca. Feedback welcomed🙏
jserrato714 is offline   Reply With Quote