The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2022, 11:56 PM   #1
Pops84c10

Should i keep and finish the build?

Hi new here and have a question. I have a 1972 c10 stepside that is technically my sons. Complicated story but in short he has no interest (not driving age yet) in seeing it completed and wants to sell it and get something else. Currently does not run and hasnt in prob 7 years or so. Motor ran when parked( we all know how that goes lol) so all that should be wrong with it is the following: battery , alternator , carb/ fuel delivery, brakes, and wiring harness. There are plenty other odds and ends to be finished but thats the running and driving issues. I already own a 84 c10 ls swap, and am wanting a new project truck of my own, so question is do i keep it and turn it into my own ride and buy him something different or just get the motor cranking and running and sell it for something else? Battery carb and alternator would have it in a running state for purposes of selling. Also i didnt buy it initially, my wife got it in a divorce in previous marriage so there are certain things i want to change and or redo about the build that complicates things as well. The new wheels on it are my old ones off my 84, the old ones were ghetto wheels on the trailer pic.
Attached Images

Pops84c10 is offline   Reply With Quote