The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #1
72SB

New, to me, 72 C10

Got this last week. Truck was in Ill. While I never buy anything without seeing it, I did on this but had a friend of a friend look at the truck.

Running truck, looks in person as nice as the pics were. Seller was very candid about the truck, transaction was simple and trucking got it here to CA in 3 days

So after driving it and looking under and all over it has some needs but otherwise in very nice shape. No rust anywhere, just dust and road grime under truck. Its had paint, interior and possibly some engine work done (my guess at least valve job) and runs smooth, quiet, no exhaust smoke and no leaks anywhere. While many things have been replaced there are still original stuff like soft brake lines, 29 year old tires still with nubs on them (full tread) but new fuel tank, pump, carb rebuild, plugs, wires, radiator hoses, etc. All of that kind of stuff for me is easy to do. Every gauge, light, function of the truck works.

Anyway glad to have it in my small group of hobby cars and will be asking ?'s as I go through it.
Attached Images

72SB is offline   Reply With Quote