The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #20
jumpsoffrock

Re: 19.5 high clearance srw rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post

Looks great, if there is a will, there is a way. Now why can't the industry figure this out? A fortune could be made if they reproduce the 17.5" center piece with rivited clips for a common 16" wheel ring. It would be a godsend for '48-'68 3/4 ton owners who want to run period correct hubcaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Just a thought on possible option.I provided centers out of 17.5 wheels and had 17" wheels 8" wide made in Landenberg PA. This gives unlimited tire option. I had the wheels powder coated in Argent / Rally wheel silver.

Looks great, if there is a will, there is a way. Now why can't the industry figure this out? A fortune could be made if they reproduce the 17.5" center piece with rivited clips for a common 16" wheel ring. It would be a godsend for '48-'68 3/4 ton owners who want to run period correct hubcaps.
If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say that DOT stipulations make it far more expensive and troublesome than simply making a call to a factory in China and placing the order, then selling them and being done with it.

Because if what you state is true, that is a very good point,it looks to be a fairly simple piece of metal to stamp.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote