The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #1
jgrote

Installing carpet soon. Got a couple questions, and opinions needed

Now that I have AC, it's time to do something about the 140 degree floor. I'm going to install carpet (probably ACC). First, what would you do about the 30 or so holes in the floor from 50 years of people mounting stuff into it? Some of them are small screw holes. Some are 3/8-1/2" dia. I would rather not weld them all up. There is nothing structural to fix. No rust anywhere. Can I just panel bond some patches over them? What should I use to patch them?

On to problem #2. Where should I get the thresholds from? Who makes a nice fitting one?

And now for your opinions. My truck is blue and white. And when I say blue, I mean BLUE. Think of the blue crayon in a 16 pack of crayons. My dash pad is black, but it is a cheap piece, and I don't mind replacing it. All the interior metal parts (doors, dach, etc.) are blue as well. I would like to find some saddle color leather seats, but I'm still on the hunt. The seat now is covered in a brown/blue seat cover.

I now ask for your opinions; blue or brown carpet? My better half and I are having a hard time coming to a consensus. Please, help save my marriage!
jgrote is offline   Reply With Quote