The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #1
CJM72

LS Oil Pan Alignment Problems

Looking for some advice here. I've destroyed my second trans pump (4l65e) in less than 500 miles. First one lasted about 450 miles after I got my swap running. My trans guy suspected a runout or an alignment problem. Flexplate seemed to have a bit of runout, so I replaced that. The trans pump was replaced, and it appears to have failed after about 50 miles since I got it all back together.

After a lot of inspection, I have a suspicion that the oil pan is sitting proud of the block by around .010". This was measured from the flexplate to the trans mounting surface (same location on the flexplate rotated around). I did have the pan off before I installed it, but I recall being careful to make sure it was a flush or slightly inset from the block surface. How can I check the alignment of the pan to confirm without any special tools? If it has been pulled back, do you think I'll need to pull the pan and fully reinstall with a gasket or will I be able to loosen it up and tap it forward?
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote