The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2022, 08:09 PM   #17
Beach-Burban

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 and Sanderson BB8 Headers Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I wouldn't argue your point if you could define what the 'proper' mount actually is. I guess what I'm trying to communicate is are you 101% sure if you get the different set of motor mount stanchions that things will fit w/o issue? I'm betting 'no' or else this discussion wouldn't be happening.

If you're not sure the mounts (stanchions) are the Golden Ticket you seek, you're still potentially stuck. To me, that would be frustrating. Say the 'new/different' stanchions allow the headers to fit but now the fan doesn't line-up or a valve cover interferes w/something (common issues when using different parts). Thus my suggestion of tweaking things to work w/what you have since the drivetrain is already installed/in-place.

I get it if you don't wish to go that route. If someone had both types & would let you try the set-up that's pre-73 big-block (but different from yours) to see if that solves the issue, that's 100% how I would go about it first. Barring that and/or wanting to move forward sooner than later, I'd tweak things.

I wish I could help & will definitely be watching to see what the answer is to your dilemma.
You are 100% correct in your analysis of my dilemma, SCOTI...and I don't know enough to argue what will work or what could go wrong with simply changing to the '68 to '71 set-up. I just "think" that in the scheme of things, a '72 is basically identical to a '68 to '71 in regards to frame, engine compartment, etc...and many have used the BB8's without the issue I am having. Sanderson knows that many BB engines have been transplanted into our trucks that came originally with a I/6 or SB V/8...and make the claim that the BB8 has been engineered to fit without issue "IF" they have the original (or suitable replacement) motor mounts. Whether or not Sanderson knows about the '72 only motor mount is in question, but doesn't really aid in getting the answer I'm looking for...unless someone else had my same exact issue, changed to a specific motor mount and lived happily ever after! Without that knowledge, I will probably have to collect the '68 to '71 components for a future swap and see how it goes? For now (after the holiday season is behind us), I'll be concentrating on my EFI project...but will keep my eyes open in case more intel comes my way! I really do appreciate EVERYTHING you have suggested, and some frame tweaking might be in my future...but I'm not ready to do that yet. Thanks once again...and yes, I'll post any headway I make, although it might be a while!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote