The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2023, 08:34 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Never Give Up

A ground-up is a lot of work and it takes a lot of money. I see posts where guys let it bother them how long their build is taking, or how they had to let it sit a while, even considered selling because of this. Listen, not everyone can have time AND money both at the same time. Good for those who can. We see some trucks come right together. Then there are the TV shows where they build a truck in an hour . Deadline schmeadline, this ain't no reality show. This year marks my 50th year for owning at least one 67-72 GM pickup. I'm in it for life, are you a sincere 67-72 GM truck lover? Than don't sweat it, take it from me.

Life has gotten in my way in every way possible since I decided to build my '67 SWB project. I sold a registered, running, and driving '72 SWB to buy a rebuilt rolling chassis and I already had all the factory body parts for a '67 GMC. I even had a set of wheels & tires to bolt on to dolly it home from FL. That was '06. It sat under a tarp outside my barn all these years. I did strip, prime, and mount the cab years later and years ago. I have had that thing for 17 years! The only thing that bothers me about that is I want one to drive!

Patience will always be a virtue, no matter how anxious this world becomes. not me, let 'em fret! I'll get this thing done. Perseverance is also a virtue. The other thing that did bother me was it sitting outside under a tarp. Although a thing that has effected my time factor has been getting my 166 year old property in tip-top shape to sell, I managed to at least build a little one bay garage for it. Took that sitting outside worry out of the equation. And I can do things now I wouldn't think of sitting out. Get ready for pictures
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote