The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2004, 02:49 AM   #1
biglump67
biglump67

Smile New guy lookin for a panel

I have been lurking here for a while and decided to register. I am looking for a panel truck and think the 67-72 series may be what I want. The older ones look cooler but usaully have a gear ratio that would make the engine scream at 70mph.
I do not want a show truck or anything that has been lowered. I prefer an auto trans and a V8, but a 4 spd and or 6 cyl would work.I am burnt out on he 3 on the tree thing. I want a daily driver, something dependable,but could get dirty, and not worry about if I put a little scratch in it. I would use it for camping and hauling my leaves away in the fall.
I have a 65 econoline that I could work out a trade of some sort with. I like the idea of a hood as vans are cramped to work on the engine. I am in no hurry as the econo works fine, and I have a 79 Chevy shortbox 4x4 as well. I think If I wait I will find exactly what I want at a fair price.
I have a car payment untill spring and was thinking of maybe selling the 79, and the econoline, aftr my car is paid off. I might buy a newer truck( ZR2?) and just have one oldie to play with. Sometimes I feel I am overwhelmed.
What do you think a plain jain useable panel would run? I was thinking about $3k + or -, depending on what it needs.
Sorry about such a long winded 1st post here. This is a real cool website, and am glad I stumbled upon it.
biglump67 is offline   Reply With Quote