The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
heidick70

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Restoration

do you do body work for a living? i am going to school for autobody and i want to do good work like you are doing to this truck. keep up the great work on this i will be watching
heidick70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
CUSHE63

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidick70 View Post
do you do body work for a living? i am going to school for autobody and i want to do good work like you are doing to this truck. keep up the great work on this i will be watching
Yes I do autobody collision repair for a living. I have been working on cars (mostly body and paint) since I was 15. 46 now and trying to teach my youngest son how to do it. My Grandfather always told me to do it well, and always strive to get better. I strongly beleive that doing restoration work has made me get better at collision repair.
Pay close attention to your instructors and always volunteer in class. It's better to do it than just watch. Another good piece of advice is to never look at the huge project in front of you. Take it one step at a time. Each thing you do is a step in the direction of the final project.

Thanks and good luck. Steve
CUSHE63 is offline   Reply With Quote