The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Looks really nice. Great job.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
flips72

thanks alot alan, thats one good thing about this forum, when you are about ready to throw in the towel someone is always there to encourage you to keep plugging.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
allaboutchevelles

Hey Flip, I hate that you couldnt find a good bedside. It took me over a year to find my bed. The work you did on the bedside turned out nice and straight. It looks very good to me. I have one of those flaring tools from harbor freight also. I have the one that also punches holes out for your welds. That saved me alot of time not having to drill all the holes in the rocker panel where it has to be welded on at. Great work, keep the pics coming.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

That bedside turned out nice
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
flips72

well the bedside is finally coming along,here is some pics after it has been roughed in and primed, now time for lots of blocking.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
flips72

one more
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
allaboutchevelles

bed panels are looking very slick. I wish i was that far along with mine. Keep up the good work!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Bomp

I was reading threw your build this morning (again) and looked at your bed side.
Dude. You not only made your truck into a red rocket but you also have some serious metal skillz.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
i had planned on building one anyways, i'm just glad she wants me to build it for her!! it was one of 4 cars i wanted to build anyways, i just want to find one thats complete if not running to start with! i have the web links saved already for the suspension and interior! she said it can be my next project, when i get the truck done!
whats the other 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
I was reading threw your build this morning (again) and looked at your bed side.
Dude. You not only made your truck into a red rocket but you also have some serious metal skillz.
thanks bomp, but they are nowhere close to yours, but now come to think of it i have been known to sling a few tools from time to time
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
whats the other 3?
the four i want to build is: my 64 c10, a 67-72 chevelle ( i like the 67 and the 72's), a 60-66 suburban ( the wife has already said i can use are tahoe for parts, like the heated seats, motor, wiring) when i get the chevelle done completely! then i want to build a 69 musthang with a 351c like i had in high school that me and my buddy went halfs on, speedo was broke but the cops were cool and we even had them clock us doing 135mph on a seven mile straight strech of road, all he said was i didnt think this car would go that fast, it looked like a beater from the outside but not under the hood!

i do want to build/own a few more but we'll see how this list goes first! i would like to build each of my kids there own car or truck with there help of course! my second cousin is always finding old muscle cars and stuff! i've bought a few of my truck parts from him from left over parts he had from other builds he has done!

when i visited cousin if tennessee about 8-9yrs ago there was a junkyard just down the street from him that had all kinds of old muscle cars, i even remember seen a used car places that had some relly nice rides, i believe it was right off the highway up on this lil hill, i cant remember the name!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote