The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

We made a run over to the St Anthony sand dunes last night, was pretty fun. The 3 wheeler does pretty good on the dunes. Went with my nephew Dougie, and Carl. Doug has a 450 honda 4 stroke and Carl has a cr 500 in a 250 frame conversion bike. Took some getting used to over my 4 wheelers. Here are a couple of vids.
It was really warm yesterday but by the time we got on the dunes, a storm rolled in and the wind picked up and it rained a little. Still getting sand out of my eyes this morning. That little lake is kinda cool, makes me want to go sit out in it in my lawn chair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgmXwp5UDdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6JFnojX4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNGoiucibI
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
COS399

Cool. Last year my kid and I were riding around the "lake" and he told me that there was an elk in the water. Of course I didn't believe him but sure enough there was a big ole elk lounging in the water. We also got hailed on twice last year about a mile from camp.

1987 GMC R2500 SC 454 T400
1988 Chevy R30 CC DRW 12 valve Cummins NV4500 GearVendors
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
84chevyguyid

Hail sucks to get stuck in. I ordered a new wiring harness from a guy on here, gmachinz, for the doors on the crew cab. My pickup has power door locks but no power windows and I liked the idea of the relay system to give the window motors full voltage so he made me a new harness that has the door locks, and power windows with express down modules for both front windows. He uses all the factory color wires and stock connectors, it looks pretty sweet! I am going to have the widow circuit hot all the time, have my other pickup that way and I like it much better than having to go turn the key on to roll a window down. Here is a pic of my latest toy, 02 hesston rotary swather, my old one cuts hay at about 4 mph and this one cuts at about 10 mph. Pretty fun to run, and it only cost me 41,900. Has a good old 12 valve in it too!
Attached Images

Last edited by 84chevyguyid; 06-14-2014 at 09:59 AM.
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote