The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Flatpat

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Shouldn't need adjustable mounts then. I say if you can make your own, why not? Or use the diy4x plates. I heard nothing but good things about diy4x, I plan on using their flip kit.
Flatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
NastyBuzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatpat View Post
Shouldn't need adjustable mounts then. I say if you can make your own, why not? Or use the diy4x plates. I heard nothing but good things about diy4x, I plan on using their flip kit.
I can I just don't want to get to the point of having it ready to go in and something be wrong and have to express ship something...
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
NastyBuzzard

Here are some drawings I did for mounts.. The ones I may make.

This is one I found online..

Old 06-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
NastyBuzzard

So I also plan to paint as much of the frame as I can while I have the bed and front clip off.

What do you guys recommend for chassis paint/rust preventor? I've seen people use rust bullet, eastwood, and por15. I remember doing my buddy's 77 chevy shortbed with a summit house brand chassis paint kit and it turned out nice. I looked for that summit kit and found one that says it covers 80 sq ft and is just a quart. Is that enough?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
NastyBuzzard

Bad news today.. Like motivation killing bad news.

Tank won't fit. Even if I cut the ribs under the bed and slide it back it still would hang way to low below the body line.

Now its like I have no clue what to do.

I want to use the 01 donors wiring. So I will some how have to integrate it into working both tanks, the selector switch, and selector valve.. How do I do that?

Also I know the fuel gauge signal is different my 87 is 0-120 ohm and the newer vehicles are 90-240 ohm. I want to use the 01 cluster in my 87 like I showed before... but how???

Also to use the tbi tanks I will need the higher flowing pumps, ( ep381?? ), a buddy said I could possible use the sender from a vortec truck which would provide the correct ohm signal. Possible??? Any ideas?

Also for the selector switch, I am using a pollock one now that I replaced last year, got it from autozone. Do I need one stronger for the added pressure?

Also I have no idea which an fittings or what to order, I know I will need high pressure fuel line and the smooth clamps. Help?

I just feel really freaking bummed right now. I was banking on that tank fitting. I guess I am an idiot... Any ideas if a s10 tank or something would? Any ideas at all? I am reaching out.

Also is it possible to buy a 20 gal tank and just use it instead of the duals?

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 06-12-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
NastyBuzzard

I measured the tank I dropped from the d.s. it was roughly 40" LONG, 12" WIDE, AND 11" TALL. I did some calculations and volume came out to show it was about 22 gal.. I thought the 20 gal tanks were 50" long?