The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
Root2812

Re: Hooker manifold and starter issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb76 View Post
I used those manifolds when I did my swap. I replaced my starter with a new AC Delco starter when I did my swap also. I have no rubbing issues, the manifolds and starter fit fine. Are you using an aftermarket starter?
Now that I think about it, my new starter did not come with a heat shield, and the old rusty starter I took off didn't have one either. FWIW, I have about 9,000 miles on my truck now and have never had a problem with the starter with a missing heat shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I didn't know the starter even had a heat shield. My '66 hasn't had one for the 15k ish on it.
Thats good to know. I took the small clip on heat shield off for now and it seems to be fine for fit. If you guys aren't having problems then I won't worry about it any more.

Just incase I am not calling it by the right name here is a pic i found online. The clip on metal shielding on the top of the image is what I am talking about.