The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2019, 12:13 AM   #1
jeffahart

Re: Reproduction Grills

All that but also this. If I pull a fender off my truck, I have every expectation it will be a pain to fit back on. Same fender same truck. My truck holds so much spring loaded energy, I'm surprised it doesn't propel it's self down the road like a slinky. No matter what you get you might to have to massage it in there. Be prepared to exercise your patience.

j
Old 09-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
PaulKarbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
All that but also this. If I pull a fender off my truck, I have every expectation it will be a pain to fit back on. Same fender same truck. My truck holds so much spring loaded energy, I'm surprised it doesn't propel it's self down the road like a slinky. No matter what you get you might to have to massage it in there. Be prepared to exercise your patience.

j
I totally figure it would be rare to find anything that “fits perfectly” when your dealing with ~50 yr old machines that have a mish-mosh of OEM and non OEM parts already. So as long as it’s not *impossible* to make it work - I should be happy.

The price of NOS is crazy (and that’s if you’re willing to wait for something to come up). ** heads up ... there is a NOS outer grill shell on eBay right now for $1100 (plus 350 shipping).
Posted via Mobile Device
PaulKarbo is offline   Reply With Quote