The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
67C10Step

Re: pictures of shortbox stepsides

mygmc,
I LOVE your truck! GMC 4x4 and step side to boot. Makes me miss my dad's old 71 short fleet GMC 4x4.

I really want to hear more about your tail light choice. That is probably the most tastefully done, non stock version I have seen in a long time.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
mygmctruck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
mygmc,
I LOVE your truck! GMC 4x4 and step side to boot. Makes me miss my dad's old 71 short fleet GMC 4x4.

I really want to hear more about your tail light choice. That is probably the most tastefully done, non stock version I have seen in a long time.
Thanks for your high praise.
To start with , I knew once I wasn’t going to restore it to oem standards , I knew I had a free hand in what I did do. Personally I dislike the tail lights that came on these trucks and I knew I wanted something different . I didn’t want to cut the new box stake pockets for a light , I wanted surface mount lights . Hard to find the right light , I spent hrs searching the net for tail lights and finaly came across these . They are supplied by Partsmart . They say they make them ( not sure ) but they look exactly like what I was looking for.
I have Amazon prime too , so I would order different lights until I actually found they were going to fit my desire. No shipping costs either way . Shipping gets expensive when your not a volume shipper .

My seats are out of a Ford Bronco ( high back buckets ) some one put them out for trash pick up , I looked at them , nothing wrong other than some miner vinyl blemishes . They are Eddy Bauer addition electric seats to boot !

I will update pic’s as I move along .

Last edited by mygmctruck1; 02-11-2020 at 11:53 PM.
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
mygmctruck1

Here are the tail lights in operation
Attached Images

mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote