The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #10
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Few small updates

Spent Saturday mowing our new property for the first time. Rented a 52" Toro Titan from Ace(PowerUp rental) for $175 24 hours. Not bad. It's only $110 for 4 hours. I would like to find another rental place and try different mowers if I can find another rental company... 4.5 acres we are wanting a 60+ inch deck when we purchase. Took 2 hours with the 52" deck. Not bad.

Friday night I fought the drivers side mirror install with the wife. That backside bracket gave us trouble but we finally conquered. Sunday I did some cleaning up of wiring. Installed the new dash speaker and Custom Audio radio. It's not wired yet, and the dash speaker is the only speaker I have so far so no review on the radio just yet. But it looks good. Installed super easy. I only had to adjust the mounting nuts once and it was just right. And the dash speaker I had to modify the bracket a little, and because of the VA middle dash vent, that speaker is really squeezed in there...

I also put my intake back on again, used zip ties to hold it in the 2 places I plan to make brackets to hold it on. I tried this with the hood on a while back and it had plenty of clearance. With the zip ties holding it there was a good 1/4" or more around the upper radiator hose all the way around so I am happy with that. The only thing I am not happy about is the location of the MAF sensor. I have stock style so it will need another boot to install. I want to put it after the 90 from intake halfway to the 45 bend over the rad hose, but that part of the pipe is slick, no mounting bumps. So I guess I will have to mount it further back between the 45 at rad hose and 45 at fender. There are mounting locations in the pipe there. But I will have a lot of silicone sleeves in this dang thing...... Not sure I am going to like it but maybe it will be ok....

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote