The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
72Lester
Genuine smartass

Talking It Lives..........kinda

4 days after I towed my '67 home, it has been brought to life. After changing the starter solenoid, chasing endless broken wires, plugs, new distributor, a quickie cleaning of the carb, trying to figure out where all of the oil went, and a lot of head scratching I finally got it started. With a little help from the choke it idled pretty well, but regardless of the choke position, if I gave it much gas it all it choked and puked a little smoke out both ends. I'm going to rebuild the carb next and also try to find out where the oil is leaking from (it's hard to tell since the oil-bath breather leaks all over). Does anybody know who makes a good kit for rebuilding a Rochester M single barrel? I've only ever messed with Quadrajets. The sanding and priming has also begun, but unfortunately I'm finding even more rust. Hey it wouldn't be fun, if it wasn't challenging. My goal is to get it road worthy and completely primed in the next month. My wife loves these trucks also and she thinks we should've waited to find a 4x4. Now she tells me. Anyway, if I can make it road legal and into a more appealing project, then maybe I'll sell it and move up to a 4X. Until then, I'm still having a blast :-)

Wanted: 1972 10 or 20 4X4, V8 4spd
72Lester is offline   Reply With Quote