The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2002, 01:27 AM   #1
pickup man

Please some one help my

hey i need some help i have a 1964 1/2 ton pickup fleetside short bed that i am completely redoing from the ground up and i want to make the small back window in the cab into a big back window i am pretty sure all i have to do is cut the whole bigger but does anyone know the measurements or any place i can get them it would be a huge help thanx.
pickup man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
Mongo
YES_____NO

You may find it easeier to find a big back window cab and swap them. I think McMinvil Auto Wrecking had one. Not 100% sure though.

People many not remember what you said or what you did, but they will remember the way you made them feel. - unknown

Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai 1984

Help support the board
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
Shorty Cox

Pickup Man, Go look at a pickup with a big back window. I too have a '64 C-10. I gave what you are talking about some thought. I talked to the body shop man i use about such a change. he advised against it. As far as the exterior goes, one could cut the hole larger, but the interior walls of the cab on the ones with the big back window is different, thus one would have to replace the interior walls of the cab with those from a cab with a big back window. But with enough money, one can do anything.

What my plan is, I plan to purchase the entire cab with the big back window and replace the current cab. Much simplier. I currently know where 4 such cabs are. It is just a matter of agreeing on a price with the owners. They all think that piece of junk in the back yard is valuable adn show quality.

Good luck

By the way, If you have not converted to power steering yet, do so. It is a simple swap. I did mine in less than 2 hours for a total cost of $160.00. I can tell you what parts you need.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
JQ-72

Big window cab swap is definitly the way to go.
JQ-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
bbs1965
Open Sundays 10 till 10

i have a good big window 1964 cab in Texas for $100
but shipping would kill
bbs1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 11:57 AM   #6
frank reber

rear window

did you find out about the sizes to cut out the back window in your truck . i have a book that they did it to .i can send you pics of it . let me know .
frank reber is offline   Reply With Quote