The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
jonathan-m

New Truck Owner Here

Hi everyone,
just thought I'd introduce myself and my truck. My name is Jon, I've owned this '66 for about a month or so now. This truck is actually my first owned vehicle (I am 18, but I wasn't really able to drive a vehicle or get my license until recently because of some major back surgery that I went through for a couple years), so I am very happy and excited to be able to have it and be able to work on it.
I don't know a whole lot about working on older trucks, but I am excited to learn (everyones gotta start somewhere I guess ).

anyway, here is my truck. It has a newish 350 motor in it (has about 9000 miles on it), rebuilt trans., hooker super comp headers, flow master exhaust,power steering, 2in drop spindles, and a hood scoop for good measure .

Its in really good working order, so I figure at least I have a pretty good base to start learning from. The biggest thing that needs to be fixed right now is the gas gauge. The previous owner installed a gas tank under the bed of the truck, which worked out just fine except that the gas guage no longer works for it. This'll be my first project for sure ( I ran it out of gas once already haha).

Thanks for looking!

Jon
jonathan-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Eliasj123

Re: New Truck Owner Here

Hey Jon,

Welcome the classic/old car world..

You have a nice looking truck.. Yeah, it sucks not being able to tell how much gas you have left.. Classic cars are easy to work on.. Plus, there's a lot or room in the engine compartment..

My first car was a '55 Chevy Sedan. I bought it when I was 18 too, which was 16 years ago.. It's sitting in garage waiting in line for new brakes..

It's fun driving old cars and even though I have a 99 Jeep and 03 Honda CBR, I LOVE my classics..

It shouldn't be that hard figuring out your gas gauge issue and fixing it.. Just ask for help when you're ready to tackle it and you'll get plenty of pointers from this forum..

Elias
Eliasj123 is offline   Reply With Quote