The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #26
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Re: Ever been undercut on a deal?

But and Sell .... means just what it says. Not welcome to my life and all the problems that I have. If I was over seas I would set up the deal and have someone back home complete the deal on the terms that I set out or just wait till I got back home as this would be the easiest. If I had a dollar for every person that said I just got to go to the bank, or I'll call you tomorrow and let you know .... I would be a rich man! Put yourself in the other guys shoes not just your own ....

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #27
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Re: Ever been undercut on a deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I saw a trailer for sale for a great price when I wasn`t looking for one and was busy picking up materials for a job(in a Hurry).I stopped anyway and looked at it,went in and bought it.The seller said a $100 deposit would be fine until I picked it up on Friday.I could have run out and gotten the balance,but that was the "agreement" set by the seller.I go back friday and the S.O.B. had sold it to someone else.It seems the idiot left it out AND left the for sale sign on it(This was a business location).Someone stopped and offered more than the asking price and hauled it away(thanks for the call).I gave the asking price and never tryed to get it lower.When I complained the idiot said,"I`m giving your deposit back." I told him he was lucky I didn`t pay him 5 extra knuckles!!! If that isn`t selling out from under you then what is?
I had the same kind of thing happen at a used car lot when I was 18 or so. I found a 1974 Dodge Challenger and dragged my dad down to look at it. I let him deal with the salesman and he wrote out a deposit check and said we would be back in a couple of days to get it. I got approved for a loan and went to go pick it up. When we got there, the car was gone. My dad went inside and came out with a real red face, jumped in the car and said that they had sold the car to someone else. He left quite a bit of rubber on the car lot and the street leaving, so I think that they got the point. they told him that someone else had left a deposit earlier then we did, and did not tell the other salesman about it.

Later I ran into the gal who bought and she said that she had paid $400 more then what we had agreed to pay and that she had not looked at it until after we had paid the deposit.
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote