The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Pretty decent looking 1977 Blazer Chalet-denver craigslist

Russ, I've been very tempted at getting a chalet. I even made a poor attempt to convince the wife. She's not sold on any pop up type truck camper. I've wondered about the sleeping arrangements for the "big and tall" type. I'm not seeing a whole lot of space for a 6 footer to sleep comfortably. And sleeping in the optional bunks might be hazardous to my heath if they can't hold my wieght.

So what's it like to actually use one of these rigs to camp in?
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Can't actually say, unfortunately, as mine was not yet roadworthy for long distance trips this summer. I had to go tent camping out of my VW hatchback once again, and used "hired help" to go high altitude touring, as mentioned in this thread post #8 http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...428#post100428

I am 5'10" and was skeptical I could lie down side-to-side in my Chalet's folded down dinette. The cushions, even for being 30 years old, are just my kind of soft & comfortable, so I tried it out one afternoon and my feet and top of my head just miss the walls. I'd have to say anybody taller would be forced to lay diagonally on the thing.....

Chalets sold in dismal numbers, probably in part because you really have to be a cozy family that doesn't mind tight confines, if your wife & kiddies all go with you. And remember, the restroom for these is "behind that tree over yonder".

Doug W. aka "1976K5CHALET" is also a member of this forum, he has used his up until quite recently as a home away from home as he travels from one oil drilling operation to the next, so he is an authority on how truly comfy or annoying these are.

Ya gotta be a nut to love these, mine will be great when it is 100 % reliable simply because it has 4wd, better ground clearance than my car, and significantly better living conditions than my tent. And unless I can convince my ladyfriend to come along, I'll be the only one camping in it.....
Attached Images

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Here's the latest one on eBay - for those of you who don't know, all the of '76 Blazer Chalets and GMC Jimmy Casa Grandes were all painted the same color combinations, the difference between the two was the vinyl stripe arrangements. I believe this one has 'custom painted' rally wheels, since I don't think the GM factory offered anything other than silver colored rallys on these.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW
Attached Images

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Entertaining how several of these are all for sale around the same time - throw this Boise ID Craigslist ad onto the heap:

http://boise.craigslist.org/car/451876963.html

Contact number, in case the link disappears:

For information please call 208-939-0321
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
55chevy
Car Truck Bike Nut

Pretty old thread, here is one that didn't meet reserve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101
94 3500 TD dually
so many cars so little time
72 K2 CST 2WD Blazer
55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote