The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
laidoutc-10

Exclamation bed clearance problems... help please !!!

I have a 69' c-10 swb, and i am assemebling a new bed for the first time and i am having problems with my tires clearing the inner bed panels. The low down..... the truck is bagged with a Air Ride Technology kit w/ K.P. componet 10" step notch kit, running a 15x8" ralley wheel with a 4.5" offset w/ 275/60/15 bfg's out back... problem is that when i air the truck down my tires seem to rub on outer skin of the bed which will not allow me to lay the truck down. It is rubbing on both sides. Truck has the original 12 bolt rear end out of 72 c-10, with cpp disc brake set up. I dont see that making a difference, any idea of what i could be doing wrong here? I have the bed put together with front bed panel front cross sill and rear brace with no other cross sills. would that make a diffrence with bed side collapsing inward ?

Last edited by laidoutc-10; 04-24-2008 at 07:30 AM.
laidoutc-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: bed clearance problems... help please !!!

did you, or do you have a factory bed to try fitting with? that would at least rule out an assembly issue.

if you have a tailgate handy, you could also install that in your bed to prevent the sides from collapsing inward.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote