The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
monte0185

Project: Make up your mind!!!

Well my Girlfriend is getting disgusted with me cause i keep bringing home trucks that are "Just the perfect one" and I get a start on them and then they sit and i end up selling them. So I think I better finish this one before she throws me out of my own house. Im not going to be able to do alot other than the usual body work and getting everything ready for paint till after the first of June cause that when im getting married and going on my honeymoon. So far this truck has most of the body work done to it but there are a few places That I am sctarching my head asking myself what was he thinking!! For instance where the rocker meets the front fender. Well I guess it all starts with getting the truck then cleaning my garage to make space for the truck to work on. Needless to say my soon to be father in law was just really thrilled to have my four wheeler and a few other odds and ends stored in his shop now. I tried to talk him into just letting me keep the truck there but he has things he wanted to use it for. Oh well i guess. Well What do yall think? Suggestions on colors would be greatly appreciated or any other ideas as well.

Terry J.
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Last edited by monte0185; 03-08-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
monte0185

Re: Project: Make up your mind!!!

Heres the garage cleaning and my Crew.

Terry J.
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
monte0185

Well It started raining so I had to make sure it fit. Got it a little cleaner at least.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
monte0185

Well it didnt rain like it was looking like it was going to. Just a few sprinkles so back to it I went and heres it is somewhat clean. Gotta put a few things up still as far as tools but its alot better than it was.
Attached Images

Last edited by monte0185; 03-08-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
thelonerife

Can you come over and I'll show you where to get started? j/k My wife has said the same thing about making up my mind. I've had 8 or so trucks and I really have gotten used to her eyes rolling. Its just normal now. Congrats on your build and your engagement. I hope your marriage and build go smoothly.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
monte0185

Well the eyes rolling has gotten to be the norm around here too. But so far i havent spent any money that didnt come from something I had laying around the garage and sold. Besides weve been together for about 6 years so the marriage thing is just a formality at this point and an excuse to go to disneyworld again. She dont mind me having toys and working on them as long as she dont have to be bothered with working on them or riding in them. Until they look good anyway. Guess I spoiled her with nice newer cars to much.

Well I got the front end off and did some sanding on the header panel and it seems its due for a replacement as well. Oh well guess i gotta learn to do it sometime. If i can get this one done then Ill go ahead and do my green one as well. The rest of the cab looks pretty good though. I got to looking at the suspension and one spring is in there crooked and both look like they were cut so next step is to get the cab and the bed off the frame and a cleaning i will go. Now i have to decide air bags or spring and drop spindles? Any suggestions?
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
nuke1

Looks great, trust me it will feel good to finish one and drive it, i really tried to have mine running for my wedding, but it did not happen, however now the wife encourages me to get it done, and drive it. so it all work out in the end.
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
monte0185

Talking Re: Project: Make up your mind!!!

I'm hoping to have it done by septemberish. The biggest costs looks like its gonna be the gas tank engine and paint. Ive been bathering parts for a 383 for awhile now so I believe that thats the engine thats gonna go in it. Ive already had all the block work done to my 2000 vortec block and I have a set of 6" H-beam rods and forged one piece rear main crank. All i need are pistons, cam and heads. I think im going with a set of Jegs 210cc aluminum heads. Been along time since i built a decent motor so i figure its about time.