The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
t-townfootball14

Question help a highschooler out with his "new" 1970 GMC 3/4 ton please!

well the title generally tells most of it. im new here (first post) and whenever i get home from football its near dark so i have no pics as of right now. so this last fall- my dad bought a one owner 1970 GMC 3/4 ton longbox with an older GM Goodwrench 350 crate in it for $1000. i'll be honest it looked terrible at first with an awfully messy interior and beat up canopy among other things :P well i've done what i can- refinishing the original wood bed to the best of my ability and totally cleaning the interior as well as adding a new bench seat. what i would really appreciate ,from anyone willing, would be to please give me some fairly easy and generally cheap mods/upgrades i can do to my engine, exhaust whatever to make this truck.....well better! i live on a 300 acre orchard so tools are NOT a problem. if i need more funds i can always work for it right? again i would really appreciate any input you more experienced and knowledgeable guys (and gals) have to offer. feel free to ask for any more information you may need. thank you so much and i've enjoyed reading through many a thread already- i love this forum! thanks again
tyler thornton
t-townfootball14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
fine69

Re: help a highschooler out with his "new" 1970 GMC 3/4 ton please!

Hey Tyler. Welcome to the board.

Sounds like you have a good start.

Pics would help us to help you. And a general idea of what you wish to do with the truck.

Cruise it, work it, show it, etc.

Currently the search function is down, so finding ideas may be challenging here. But be patient.

It is a great place to learn. And you have the luxury of having quite a few members in the Washington area.

Keep reading, others will chime in.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Ackattack

Welcome

check out my two build threads:
Project No-buck is very similar to yours (69 3/4 ton) that I'm working on with little to no funds

Take a look at Project Bruiser. It will give you some ideas what is possible, but definatly not cheap.

Where is Tonasket? I'm in Poulsbo (across the sound from Seattle)
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
t-townfootball14

fine69,
thank you very much for the kind welcome! when the weekend finally hits i will take some pics and probably repost... maybe i should complain to coach that i cant get the time to take pics of my truck :P im SO sure that would go over well haha. but i will for sure get that done as soon as possible. my main concern at the moment is the engine, exhaust and anything related there. its going to remain on the orchard so work is going to be required of it from time to time but i want to improve power and engine efficiency as much as i can. im an orchard boy and can drive just about anything you throw at me and i can detail a truck (a semi particularly) with the best of em but under the hood? well im not to prideful to beg for help! im eager and looking forward to learning as much as i can from you tuck guys!
thornton
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
t-townfootball14

sorry for the double post here... Ackattack posted while i was typing my lengthy reply haha thanks for the links! i should be reading AP history but im more interested in the threads Tonasket is a hick town out on the east side of the state- about 120 some odd miles north of Wenatchee if you know where that is :P thanks again
thornton