The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
AlaskaMatt

Dead Horse Alert TBI KIT Questions

Yes I searched, but it seems everyone is doing the junkyard cannibalism conversions. Not my cup of tea. If this horse too beaten for you I understand, and feel free to move along. However if you have the time I would appreciate your input.

I am interested in a full fledged kit with everything I need ready to go. More money yes, for me it's simpler and hopefully the benefit of support from who ever it's purchased from. That and I simply don't have the time to hunt down all the parts, much less the time to chase gremlins in salvaged parts.

Looking at Affordable Fuel Injection systems

Also looking at the Holley offering.

I know there are others, but so far it seems these offer the most complete kits without going insane on the price.

I like the Holley for a complete kit with the ability to laptop tune.

I like Affordable for the GM stock parts.

Both price out about the same.

To help with discussion this is 71 blazer with a stock 350/350 combo. It's daily driver, I am after reliability, economy, and drivability.

Thanks in advance.
AlaskaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Pop's72
It's ok to stare...

Re: Dead Horse Alert TBI KIT Questions

I have a holley 950 4 barrel throttle body kit on my blazer. The system was on my blazer when I bought it so I can't tell you much about the install or tuning it.

The only problem I've had with it was the external fuel pump was going bad so I had to replace it. It sounded like I was running a gear drive. The replacement pump from holley had different locations for power and ground, so that sucked a little (had to do a little wire work).

All in all the system starts up easily and the blazer runs great with it. Sorry that I can't give you more information.
Pop's72 is offline   Reply With Quote