The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
dandansuperman

Re: Project black-ops

Cole,

Funny you found my thread! I have read yours from start to finish. I grew up in Kanab, Utah, very close to where you found your truck. I just ordered my front disc brake kit from ECE. I stayed with 6 lugs just like you did. I also ordered the 4/6 drop kit from ECE. I have my new wheels in my garage also, but I am waiting until spring to put my tires on. I went with the Summit Racing Legend 6 classic Torq Thrust look. I am planning on pulling the motor this year and re-painting it chevy orange, with new Pro Form valve covers. I am also going to dress it up with some chrome here and there. The exhaust needs done so I will throw on some Sanderson CC10 headers along with a full magnaflow dual exhaust. I need to dress up the engine bay a little while the motor is out. I bought the rust converter kit from Eastwood, along with some of their black frame paint so thats in my plans for spring also. I will eventually put new interior in the truck. I have plans to keep it black, but put a new paint job on it. It looks great, but it has no clear coat and I want to make it my own. I have considered going two-tone, but the last owner spent a lot of time smoothing up the factory trim holes and stake pockets. It has lots of small cosmetic stuff that needs done, but overall its a clean truck. Keep in touch and I will follow your thread as well. You and Nate have done a great job in detailing your work.
dandansuperman is offline   Reply With Quote