The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
k7elh

Re: Why we do it?

I hope to be there someday.. My truck is nothing anyone would ever make an offer for, or goggle at, but it's been through alot in the last 41 years.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before I can give her the form she deserves.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
Zeke's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7elh View Post
I hope to be there someday.. My truck is nothing anyone would ever make an offer for, or goggle at, but it's been through alot in the last 41 years.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before I can give her the form she deserves.
You know what, if you can get it on the road, and have it (mostly) one color, people will notice. My little '67 is a hunk of poo... I've done a ton of work on it, but it's damn hard to tell it by lookin' at it. When I drive it to Home Depot, or to pick up my latest dodgy craigslist find, I usually get at least one person who's interested in it... mostly younger guys who have one like it, or is thinking about getting theirs on the road.

There are so many 'commodity' vehicles on the road today, that even a vintage truck catches people's eye, and brings back memories of something from their childhood, or about someone they loved. Our trucks are like owning a nostalgia-catalyst-ray gun, and shooting everyone you see with it.
Zeke's Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
k7elh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke's Garage View Post
You know what, if you can get it on the road, and have it (mostly) one color, people will notice. My little '67 is a hunk of poo... I've done a ton of work on it, but it's damn hard to tell it by lookin' at it. When I drive it to Home Depot, or to pick up my latest dodgy craigslist find, I usually get at least one person who's interested in it... mostly younger guys who have one like it, or is thinking about getting theirs on the road.

There are so many 'commodity' vehicles on the road today, that even a vintage truck catches people's eye, and brings back memories of something from their childhood, or about someone they loved. Our trucks are like owning a nostalgia-catalyst-ray gun, and shooting everyone you see with it.
I guess that is so.. My truck runs (I drive it to and from work everyday) and I suppose that is better than some people out there. I just want to get started on it! Come on lottery, can I get a few numbers my way?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
NINERS1

Some great stories out there! lets here some more!!

http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/n..._tab_my_albums

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
NINERS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
k2rm

Cops do seem to like these trucks. Back in college, whenever my friends would ride with me they would always comment that when we passed a police car, the cop always turned their head to look.

Once when I was heading to a park to meet friend, a cop pulled behind me and followed me for several miles matching every turn. I was wondering what I did and when he blocked my truck after I parked, I was really worried. I get out and he asks "what engine do ya got?" Anyway, he got out, took a good look at the truck, asked questions, and left saying it was a beautiful truck.
k2rm is offline   Reply With Quote