The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
78cheyenne292

Any ideas?

hey guys im thinking about painting my truck after winter and i dont no what color i should go with its black now and i was just gonna re paint it black but now i think i want to get it a nice glossy dark red or something that stands out any suggestions its a 78 reg cab long box 3/4 ton. pics would be nice to!!
78cheyenne292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
1LowToy

Re: Any ideas?

Back to black if you can get the body real straight.
1LowToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
78cheyenne292

most of the body is pretty good i just gotta do one rocker and a box.. i already have a box lines up just gotta switch tailgates and paint it to what ever color i paint the hole truck. so black would look great but im almost wanting to switch it up a little.. everyone around here paints theres black because most of the time there all rusted away so it looks best lol so something shiny might just top it off.. but i got alot of cleaning on the truck to do before i even consider paint haha ill post pics if i can figure out how
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

here if you paint the vehicle and you change colors youre suppoused to change the title and the registration to match the new color and sometimes thats a stretch for the motor vehicle workers to grasp. If you could why not a two tone incorporating black so you could get around that... Black and gloss burgandy make a nice combo

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
78cheyenne292

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
here if you paint the vehicle and you change colors youre suppoused to change the title and the registration to match the new color and sometimes thats a stretch for the motor vehicle workers to grasp. If you could why not a two tone incorporating black so you could get around that... Black and gloss burgandy make a nice combo
yeah we have to change them to i already got pulled over with my ownership saying green he gave me a hard time but let me off with a warning! but they do switch it over here pretty easy but i really like the two tone idea i was actually leaning towards those two colors already burgandy or a dull red with a couple layers of clear coat to give it a shine
Old 02-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Pano

Here is a pick of my 2 tone red/gray.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzez7fh7/

I saw a similar black/gray that looked really sharp.

I can send a regular size pic if you want.
Pano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
78cheyenne292

that looks awesome thanks for the pic.. i dont have any molding on the truck i seen you can buy kits to put it on.. is your original if not what did you do for it. i wouldnt really wanna do two tone without it.. except my buddy has a 86 suburban two tone black and gray and he faded the black into gray like a mist it looks amazing and he will be the one painting the truck so maybe thats something ill consider!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Pano

I bought the truck in 97 and it had the same paint scheme. I had it repainted in 2000 with new doors, fenders, cabcorners, rocker panels, grill, headlight bezels, front fender wells, front bumper and molding, all GM OEM. The pic is 2002 timeframe but the truck is still in good shape. I keep it in the garage and it is not my primary ride.

A guy at work back in the late 90's had his repainted but used aftermarket molding and it was not as good. I would get OEM molding if your going to go two tone.

I intend to redo the interior in the next couple years.

Last edited by Pano; 02-15-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added text
Pano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
78cheyenne292

alright thanks for the tips! i think if i go two tone im gonna do two tone on the interior to match.. black for the pad seats and skins and my other color choice for the metal