The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
snyder66

Could I get an opinion on this truck, please!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_4564wt_1165
snyder66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
ironroad9c1
Master Hater

Re: Could I get an opinion on this truck, please!!

Not bad, But I'm not a big fan of that rhino lining on the sides, If it does start rusting in the cab corners and lowerfender and the rockers, Its gonna be a while before you notice it and by then its gonna be more work than if you caught it when it first starts. Plus the price is a little rich for me.
"This evening, all of you bleeding hearts... why don't just go ahead and hug yourself for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended".- Captain Owen Honors
ironroad9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
silvereagle07

Its a good looking truck but I don't like the rhino liner on the paint. It looks really out of place.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
ont_guy_38

Looks very solid
ont_guy_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

looks good, price seems decent so far for truck as clean as it apears. I also believe the previous owner story, if I sold Dodge's I'd keep an old chevy as a back up vehicle too !
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

right now id say its a steal i could see this going up a couple of thousand its worth it IMHO

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
tucsonjwt

Nice truck, but I would have some questions. I did not see any pictures of the inside of the bed - what shape is that in? I think any old truck will need repairs. Looks like it could use tires. In AZ this truck would need the factory smog equipment which seems to be missing. Personally, I would wait for grandpa's stock original truck - which are on the market from time to time. Once you get into $5-$6K for an old truck with bad gas mileage, a new truck with good gas mileage starts to make sense to me - but each to his or her own.
Here is an example of grandpa's truck, but they are all over the net. Power windows and locks can be a pain to fix, but I must admit I am spoiled and like the remote keyless I had installed on my old truck.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/2224925656.html
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
SeanPaintsFlames

For a Georgia truck that one is super super solid. In Arizona, yes, they're probably a dime-a-dozen. I think that for the current $3600 it's a steal. Like stated above, if it gets up much more -like around 5 or 6- I'd rather have one that had more options.

It may be worth it to bring that one back to Pa.

Also- they ad says the bed is Rhino lined in red just like the rockers.

Last edited by SeanPaintsFlames; 02-25-2011 at 05:16 PM.
SeanPaintsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

It took me a minute to realize that was rhino lining on the bottom it looked like sand haha! Its a nice looking truck and not a bad price right now. For 5k or 6k think you maybe able to find something a little bit nicer just my .02 cents. I also don't like the fact that there are no pictures of the inside of the bed. Makes me wonder if its pretty nasty just wandering.
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
snyder66

It's def. rhino liner. I checked. The bed doesn't look too bad, he sent me some pics. I wish I knew where you guys are finding all of these nice trucks in the 5-6K range...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
tucsonjwt

Just do a search on Craigslist or traderonline.com for southwest/west/southern states. There are CL search engines which search all of Craigslist. The truck I showed can probably be had for less than $3500 - leaving money for repairs which all old trucks need. Really-these even show up on Ebay from time to time, but are usually overpriced by $1,000 or so. My take - you will have to dump $$$ in repairs/upgrades - no matter how nice they look in the pictures - these old trucks are full of surprises, so you might as well start with a rust free truck to begin with - as cheap as you can get the basic truck. Aside from people like us, most people don't want an old gas hog truck, so you can get them at a good price in most markets.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
71swb4x4

It looks like a nice solid truck. Too bad they took the 700r4 out, but if that bothers you it can be fixed. Most people find it easier to do mechanical work than bodywork anyway and it sure looks like a great solid start.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
85chevy4x4

I think the truck looks pretty solid. The only thing i dont really care for is the rhino liner and i think the price seems right. now if it got around 4500 5000 i think i would pass.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
turner16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonjwt View Post
Just do a search on Craigslist or traderonline.com for southwest/west/southern states. There are CL search engines which search all of Craigslist. The truck I showed can probably be had for less than $3500 - leaving money for repairs which all old trucks need. Really-these even show up on Ebay from time to time, but are usually overpriced by $1,000 or so. My take - you will have to dump $$$ in repairs/upgrades - no matter how nice they look in the pictures - these old trucks are full of surprises, so you might as well start with a rust free truck to begin with - as cheap as you can get the basic truck. Aside from people like us, most people don't want an old gas hog truck, so you can get them at a good price in most markets.
how do you search all of craigslist? I just checked and I only get categories.
turner16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
It looks like a nice solid truck. Too bad they took the 700r4 out, but if that bothers you it can be fixed. Most people find it easier to do mechanical work than bodywork anyway and it sure looks like a great solid start.

Exactly what I was thinking...

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
tucsonjwt

Do a google search for "all of craigslist" and pick a website to search all. Some have a search for Canada and select regions of US. Some sites are more up to date than others.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

It seems pretty decent. I really don't like the Rhino Liner and would be concerned what it could be hiding. There are better looking liners to use,too...Yuck! I hate it inside a bed. The seller says he's been restoring vehicles for a long time and he doesn't really trust dealers. Why didn't he restore this one? He can tell the Rhino Liner isn't covering anything up? I can't.Since the inner rockers aren't rusted that means the outers wouldn't have? I've seen plenty (most) that rust through the outer first. Sounds like he's flipping it the way he keeps referring back the the previous owner as recent info and said,"I was told" a good bit. seems he's a dealer to me. He say's "He believes" it was repainted? He sure doesn't know much for someone who restores vehicles. It "definitely" is repainted. I can tell that from here. I guess what I'm saying is i see trucks that may very well be decent. But,when I'm relying on a seller's description and they seem anything less than 100% honest,I walk away wishing it was someone else selling it. That same truck with faded peeling paint and minor rust could be had for 1/3 what it's at now. It's good if it's clean and not if it all comes through after next winter.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
snyder66

Thanks Special-K, that was a great response. Let me know if you come across anything your way, you are not too far from me. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Will do. Looks like that truck will go for $5,000 or a bit more. I thought about this some more with what I said and what was said below by someone from Georgia and feel pretty sure my suspicion with the body is supported. And heck,if you're going to ship why not pay a bit more to ship an Arizona truck? But,I will keep an eye out for a good local truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPaintsFlames View Post
For a Georgia truck that one is super super solid. In Arizona, yes, they're probably a dime-a-dozen. I think that for the current $3600 it's a steal. Like stated above, if it gets up much more -like around 5 or 6- I'd rather have one that had more options.

It may be worth it to bring that one back to Pa.

Also- they ad says the bed is Rhino lined in red just like the rockers.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #20
turner16

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Will do. Looks like that truck will go for $5,000 or a bit more. I thought about this some more with what I said and what was said below by someone from Georgia and feel pretty sure my suspicion with the body is supported. And heck,if you're going to ship why not pay a bit more to ship an Arizona truck? But,I will keep an eye out for a good local truck.
like this
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:WNARL:CA:1123
turner16 is offline   Reply With Quote