The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
1986swb

Re: How about some pics of custom stereos

Just finished installing the Infinity Reference 6"x9" rear speakers and Pioneer subwoofer and the two Kicker amps. Front speakers are Infinity Reference 3.5" that are mounted in the stock dash area. A new Pioneer head unit also installed with a new Optima battery. Lots of grounding to deter engine whine. Here are a few pics of the install. More info. and pics coming soon.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...hp?albumid=977
1986swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
81Scottsdale520

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986swb View Post
Just finished installing the Infinity Reference 6"x9" rear speakers and Pioneer subwoofer and the two Kicker amps. Front speakers are Infinity Reference 3.5" that are mounted in the stock dash area. A new Pioneer head unit also installed with a new Optima battery. Lots of grounding to deter engine whine. Here are a few pics of the install. More info. and pics coming soon.
did you build those corner speaker housings or did you buy them somewhere? if you bought them where did you get em?
-Ricky
81Scottsdale520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
TexasSteve

A vfiend of mines 2001 Tahoe & his stealth subs. Can't recall if they are 12"s or 15"s, but there are 2 Alpine Type Rs. Can you find them?

TexasSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
1986swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Scottsdale520 View Post
did you build those corner speaker housings or did you buy them somewhere? if you bought them where did you get em?
-Ricky
I bought them from member Bigbock73. CNC cut and perfect bends. And perfect fit in the cab corners.

Check him out at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=5581342

You won't be disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...hp?albumid=977
1986swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
scrappy

This isn't a super custom install by any means but it's something that could easily be done in any vehicle. I wanted a new head unit in my 91 vw gti with cd player & usb hook up for my i-pod but didn't want the usb connector on the face of the unit because I didn't like the idea of having cord's hanging down from my dash. I got a fairly nice & inexpensive alpine unit that had a usb cord adapter on the back of it than I went down to norvac(a computer parts store) & got a 6" usb adapter cord for a pc hard drive that has 2 screw flanges on it for screwing it to the hard drive frame. I removed the glove box insert from my car & found an out of the way place to cut a rectangle hole for the male usb cord, drilled 2 small holes on each side of the rectangle hole & screwd the usb adapter to the top back side of the glove box insert. Now I can plug my i-pod into the glove box & keep it out of sight. By the way, the alpine unit I have controls the i-pod so I don't have to change songs on the i-pod itself. It's done from the head unit:

scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote