The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
2002yanks

My 67 lwb: Project Katy

picked up this 67 gmc 1/2 lwb last september. got it for $1400 and a set of rims/tires from a mustang. i had a 5.0 94 ford ranger i ended up parting out to get this. having alot more fun with this. when i got it it was almost roadworthy. just needed a new ebrake cable and new light bulbs. plan is to just run it and fix what i can as $$ allows. ended up finding a parts lot earlier this year. had a few parts i needed and a bunch i could flip for some $$. talked the guy down to $150 bucks for the lot of parts. ended up selling the unused parts for $550. Still had a new gas tank, good condition dash pad , visors, front chrome bumper,and some new seals to use. took that profit $$ and started looking for some body panels. found myself a nice 69 roller with a 67 front clip extra with it. will end up using the complete 67 chevy front clip, the doors and bed from the 69. i also plan on cleaning up the frame and painting it then switch my body over to it. this wil allow me to get the trailing arm setup i wanted. picked up the roller for $300 plus a saw worth about another $300. cost me $300 to get it back to me. so for $900 i got an almost rust free front clip(inners were the only crap parts), nice clean doors, a nice bed(1 rust hole, but in a good spot) and a really nice 6 lug trailing arm frame. now the only thing i need repair work on is my cab(rockers, cab corners, and some floor. so this was a 67 gmc and will be a 67 chevy. sorry gmc guys, just happend to have this deal fall in my lap. actually liking the chevy grille a little better now that i got one in my posession.

Last edited by 2002yanks; 07-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.
2002yanks is offline   Reply With Quote