The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
alilmorecountry23

new member* 84' lwb build- advice opinions!!

Hey, my names Thomas. I've recently started rebuilding an 84' lwb gmc. i.got the truck from my dad and made it a project. This is my first rebuild project and could use some insight from some with more experience. I also welcome any opinions. I guess ill start this my build thread and post some pics later. Idealy though I want this truck to look nice an perform on the street. A weekend driver and toy. I won't ever take it to a track or anything like that,but I want it to run. But so far I've pulled out the old inline six and transmission. I got a 88' 350 from my grandpa I'm rebuilding to put in it. I'm replacing everything new on it. But my first question and decision is what to do. I'm at a stand still bc I've got it tore down to bare block and plans for the machine shop to get bored .30 over, align hone, and pressure tested. But I don't kno if I should go with the 355 or stroke it and go with the 383?? What's the difference between the two with HP, performance, reliability, maintenance, etc. My plans were/are new vortec heads, rebuild kit, new oil pan and pump. New rods, piston, crank, voodoo flat tapped hydr. Cam, roller rockers, n I got an aluminium edelbrock performer intake. With the 700 r transmission. Any opinions or advice will ve appreciated, thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
alilmorecountry23 is offline   Reply With Quote