The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Two Ks in BBQ

I didn't quote all the replies but I sure appreciate them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
I wish I would have never sold my '68! Darn!

Thats kool! Is this place any where close to Annapolis? I'm there all next week for a DOD conference.

Good BBQ can make your day!

David
This "joint" is in Sandy Spring,MD,not real close to Annapolis. The only place I know to suggest down there is Red,Hot,and Blue. They have great BBQ and have blues playing constantly. This place is a sight. Whatever directions you get,go past it on US50 (going East) and come back to it,so you get a good look at it on the right. This location used to be a pancake restaurant and looks like a windmill. Now there are pigs on it! Google it for directions and enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
Here you can see my K at a BBQ... contest.
That's awful tough duty for your K. But it prolly ran better after wiffin' that BBQ all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/10 King View Post
Sh#t for BBQ I would have drove over there! Very cool photo!
Dan works Mon-Fri till 5. Just make sure you're with Olblue60. Those two have known each other since they were 4,so he'll make it worth the trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdv View Post
Wish you lived closer.........there would be 3 K's there!
I feel the same when I see what others on this site are doing around this country. Like the other day,I wish I was there to help get you away from that water tank. That looked like FUN!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
Nothing like getting BBQ with a buddy. Did he trade front clips on that truck or put the '69-'72 trim on his pickup?
He bought that truck out of Western Kansas as you see it...and tweaked and tweaked and now it's right. It's a '68 body on a post-72 4wd frame. It's original paint,so it never had trim till Mr. PO put that 69-72 on. Olblue60 has it how he wants it now and rollin' with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Cool pic, like the flag in the background.
I thought that was neat,too. It's like the Hot Dogs,Apple Pie,and Chevrolet thing (or was it Baseball in there somewhere?...McDonalds?),only BBQ,Beer,and Chevrolet (I mean GMC ). I like the Ford Explorer hood (early '70s truck) hanging on the wall,too. No comment

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote